Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pixels and Patterns

Aside from the usual screen printing on fabric, dyeing, and weaving, this semester has given me the opportunity to understand the creation of repeat pattern through the use of a computer. These are a few patterns that I have put together on the computer while still drawing by hand so far. Once the pattern has been drawn and repeated, each individual color, including each open space that is holding a color is hand colored individually. I'm talking days of work going into each of these. Aside from the computer headaches and chair backaches, I absolutely love this process. It takes me back to my childhood years of creating my own coloring books and filling it all in with color after. What a dream.

It's a little hard to see the detail in most of them, but I'm sure you can get an idea. There are also different coordinates and colorways for specific patterns. We do this to show examples of how different of a feel the pattern can give depending solely on the color change.

2011
2011
2011
2011

2011
2011
2011
2011

2011

No comments:

Post a Comment