Saturday, May 18, 2013

Truckin Along

Broke down on the bus to Alameda.
A lady offered me a cute apartment,
move in ready with a great price
and I almost said yes
because
for the first time so far,
someone was giving me a chance.
Even though leaving Oakland is something I just can't think about.
at all.
But sometimes when I feel like Oakland's giving me a hard time,
I take that 51a through the Webster Tube
and visit the other side
for a feeling as close to a hug as I can get.
I bought a brightly colored slime green wooden bench.
Because I'm going through some dumb crisis I'm sure you could classify easily.
But I sit on it when the sun finally hits my room in the evening
and to be honest,
it's sort of put my mind at ease.
I think my life can be pretty absurd
Sometimes I don't understand the aches and pains of it,
with little light at the end of the tunnel,
more like a flashlight.
Something battery operated.
to keep us going.
Just not sure, exactly.
If you asked me to elaborate, you'd soon realize
I can never elaborate.
I'm only good for feeling, I suppose.
A boyfriend once told me the same thing.
What society is projecting on me is shaking me up.
I know who I am and what I want,
but you always seem to be wanting to tell me I'm something else.
If my brain could speak,
it would probably say,
"We'll, I guess it's time to go to work."
When all I ever want to do
is listen to blues
and let it cradle me away.
Sometimes I wonder
if it is the only thing telling me the truth these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment