Tuesday, September 20, 2011

näˈstaljə

Little baby girl,   little mind,


Little heart holding onto things that speak


Short term memory loss, but not for things that were good

Stood out like fire inside

Caress the warmth, it’s cool, I’ll do it

I've got tumors in my chest full of little trinkets and crumpets

Bittersweet like chocolate chips

Feelings are only good for after dinner suppertime

Pre-child, Post death.   I can’t do that,   so step aside

I know what I know what I know and that is all I don’t know but me

Don’t want to get away from what I am

Don’t want to get lost in these new worlds full of things

That we hide under, rocks and cloth and computer keys and such


The more I’m lost in a mess, the more I’m gripping onto this chest

The only thing I know that knows me

And I know it right back


Ive got a lot of talk and big ears for you,

Some nostalgic naivety and stubborn eyes for the world around me,

But I am happy with my smiles and with my whatevers


I know that I already know this

And in that case I know I'll be ok

No comments:

Post a Comment